(This post was originally supposed to be part of the One Little Word Monthly Blog Hop. There was a misunderstanding and September Blue was not on the list for this month. But never fear! If you would like to see what others are doing with their boards you can start at the beginning of the hop by visiting Lee's blog . I also wanted to give a big THANK YOU to Melanie Ritchie from MellyBird Designs! When she heard September Blue wasn't on this month's hop, she was so sweet and said she would mention SB in her post. Thank you Melanie!)
I hope you are enjoying all of the creativity you are seeing in everyone's Vision Boards! When we received Ali's One Little Word prompt for the month of February, I was really excited! I see vision boards all the time. They appear on Pinterest, blogs I follow, stationary and fashion websites. They are everywhere. And while many of the boards I've seen have photos of objects, people and places, I knew from the moment we received the prompt, my board was going to be made up mostly of words and phrases.
The whole process of creating this board was one that I really enjoyed. Flipping through magazines, clipping out words and the occasional photo reminded me so much of being in high school. I would sit for hours doing the same thing–searching for quirky phrases and photos of hearthrobs to decorate the inside of my locker with. It also felt good to get away from the computer. There is something theraputic about getting back to crafting basics–paper,scissors & glue. In the words of Martha: It's a good thing!
I thought it would be fun to give you a "tour" of my board and explain how different areas of the board relate to my one little word for 2013, "plan," or why I wanted to include it. As I was figuring out how to lay out all of my clippings, I realized that if I placed certain ones together, they tell can be inspiring when read together. The numbers on the photos
Close up of left side
1. Empowerment ~ I liked the message these phrases had. They made me feel confident and encourages a positive outlook!
2. Move More Eat Well 2.0 ~ I'm participating in Cathy Zielske's Move More Eat Well 2.0 Workshop this year. I thought the "New Fit Me" was perfect to show that this is part of my life in 2013!
3. One Little Word 2013 "Plan" ~ Referring back to a synonym of "plan," "Do Your Prep" serves as a reminder for me to make sure I plan or prepare when tackling a new project, taking a trip, etc.
4. Intention: Plan to Learn ~ I thought several of the phrases in this area resonated with this particular intention of mine. I especially like the little fish that is different from all the rest and has the "courage" to do something that's out of it's comfort zone!
5. "K" ~ for Kelly!
I love how the word "everyday" stands out in this section of my board. I look at it and read it in combination with many of the other phrases present:
"Live Radient," everyday.
"Experience the Art of Life," everyday.
"Make Time For Life," everyday.
Close up of right side
6. Plan Together ~ Last month I mentioned that my OLW for this year has taken on even greater meaning because Chris will be retiring from the Marine Corps a year earlier than expected. It's so nice that my OLW "plan" is broad enough that it can be shared with him. I love the caption on the photo of the couple "it's even better when it's on us." It seems so fitting for the circumstances!
7. Intention: Plan to Succeed ~ There are several places on my board where I brought in the word "blue" for September Blue and my Blueprints Shoppe. The "Have Great Expectations" phrase reminds me to think big and have big dreams when it comes to a design career.
8. "Plan" ~ I thought it would be fun to include a small printout of my OLW card that is on the title page of my album
9. Intentions: Plan to Retire, Plan to Explore ~ This area really defines what lies ahead for me and Chris! "Strategies," "somewhere a place for us," "new horizons..." I mean seriously, I couldn't find better phrases to represent these intentions if I tried!
10. A Little Dream of Mine ~ To live in Italy. I only spent two weeks there years ago, but I've been dying to go back. I love everything about Italy–the food, the wine, the people, the landscape. I'll keep on dreamin'...
You may have noticed that there are two eyes on my board. I put them there as a reminder to stay focused. Stick to the plan and good things will come!
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my OLW Vision Board! I'm looking forward to Ali's prompt for March! See you next month!